” This is the Dawning of the Age of Aquarius”. Are you old enough to remember that song from the 70’s? We are entering a new age of human history as we transition from the First Millennium of the Christian Era into the Second. In Astrological terms we are in transition from the Taurian Age to the Aquarian Age.
Astrology aside, this is the Age of Humankind in which we finally grow up as a species. Let’s not blow it!
The Aquarian Promise is that humanity will move from the Taurian emphasis on the physical realm to the Aquarian flowering of the spiritual. Instead of seeking to subdue and conquer the planet and each other as we did in the last Age, we will finally understand that all that exists, all that is real, is of the Mind, Heart and Spirit. The inner will triumph over the outer. Jacob will triumph over Esau. But can this really happen? Or is it an old Hippie fantasy?
The choice is up to each one of us. Our collective consciousness is the thought atmosphere that will act on the Law and produce whatever we agree that we desire. We will all decide whether the Aquarian Promise is fulfilled or fails by what we think, speak and do in the next 50 years.
Will we understand that only in Oneness can this promise come to be? Will we understand that identity politics fragments our consciousness and our society?Will we realize that the only identity that matters is that of a Divine Human?
Will we finally realize that individual freedom based on self-responsibility is the high road to paradise on Earth? Can we learn to disagree without anger hate and rancor?
Will we learn that true diversity is organic? Real diversity happens naturally; it is absent only when we put up artificial barriers to prevent it. We cannot engineer diversity. It happens naturally; if we would simply get out of the way and let it be.
The early days of Religious Science were an example of organic diversity in action. In an era of exclusion, there was a rainbow of humanity in many Religious Science Churches, particularly in my home town of Los Angeles, and many other cities around the country. Why has this changed? We chose to splinter instead of unite.
What must we do right here and right now to begin our journey to the fulfillment of the Aquarian Promise. We must create a new social contract here in the United States and around the world. That contract would embody 6 basic truths.
1. We are all magnificent creations of the same Creator, Ground of Being, Great Architect, God, Allah. All are names we give the Divine Intelligence that creates everything that exists. There are no lesser humans. The Creator does not create junk, all is perfect as it was designed to be.
2. Since we are all created by the same Spirit, the same Divine Intelligence, we are literally brothers and sisters regardless of color, culture, gender or religion. What is done to one is done to all. What is done for one is done for all.
3. Fear is the root of all evil, not money or greed or hatred. It’s fear. All wars have at their root fear of loss: fear of the loss of the homeland, fear of subjugation, fear of diminution. Hatred comes from fear as does anger. Racism is fear personified. To make ourselves feel better we denigrate another human.
4. Sounds like 1968 but its true. The only antidote is LOVE. Love of self comes first. If you cannot love you, you will have no love for anything or anyone else. You are a magnificent creation of the Lord of the Universe; who are you to disdain such a fabulous creation as you?
5. God is the fact of all creation. Call it Spirit, Ground of Being, Divine Intelligence, Great Architect: its all the same power and presence. God is all there is. Nothing exists outside the mind of God. Every human being swims in God as a fish swims in the ocean; therefore when we look at our Brother or Sister human we are looking into the very face of God!
6. Religion is a human effort to explain, codify and understand the Infinite. There is no one “right religion”. Religion is a bit like ice cream. Lots of people like it, many partake of it but each has their favorite flavor. Our religion, or lack of it, mirrors our temperament and personality. I call religion ice cream for the soul. Stop the arguing over religion! Rocky Road or Salted Caramel? Its all good!
Religion is today, and always has been, the root of the worst wars, the most heinous crimes against humanity. However, it opens the heart, heals the spirit, raises us to new heights of consciousness; comforts and consoles. Most importantly religion provides a moral floor under our cultures.
The Aquarian Promise can only be fulfilled if we agree to be advocates for good and pledge to be against nothing. I am aware that it feels noble and exciting to be an activist and be righteously indignant about some slight or injustice. Protests and demonstrations are by their nature negative and that is the wrong consciousness to get the job done. What you resist will persist.
If you really want to midwife change, do it by healing, bringing together, loving not hating which only separates your brothers and sisters. As Mother Theresa so pungently said: I will not lead an anti-war march but I will march FOR Peace.
More about “the promise” next post.
Love one another, be for not against, commune with the Most High God and the Indwelling God, both are you in form. Until we are together again…….
Rev. Dore’ Jacques Patlian, Sarasota, Florida